Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Daily Prayer #20

Opening Prayer
Glory, glory to God in the highest, And peace to his people on earth.
Lord God, heavenly King, almighty God and Father
We worship you, we give you thanks, We praise you for your glory.


Lord God,
Lamb
of God,
You
take away
the sin
of the
world:


Have mercy on us; You are seated at the right hand of the Father: Receive our prayer. For you alone are the Holy One, You alone are the Lord, You alone are the most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God, the Father. -Amen.
-The Gloria (2nd century)

(Allow God to search our hearts & time of confession)


Prayer of the Bible
I think of You upon my bed,
And meditate on You in the watches of the night;
For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings, I sing for joy.
My soul clings to You; for your right hand upholds me.
-Psalm 63:6-8

(Blessing and Praising God for Who He is)


The Words of Jesus
No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thorn -bushes, or grapes from briers. Good people bring good things out of the good stored up in their heart, and evil people bring evil things out of the evil stored up in their hearts. For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
--Luke 6:43-49

(Meditate on the words of Jesus)


Prayer for Ourselves and Others
God delights in genuine prayers.
-Proverbs 15:8b The Message

(Free prayer of request and petition)











Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus, help me to spread Your fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Your spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of You. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Your presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others.
-Mother Theresa (1910-1997)

No comments: