Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Daily Prayer #19

Prayer of the Bible
From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. He said:
"In my distress I called to the LORD,
and he answered me.
From the depths of the grave I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.


You hurled me into the deep, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me.


To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you brought my life up from the pit,
O LORD my God.

When my life was ebbing away,
I remembered you, LORD,
and my prayer rose to you,
to your holy temple.

Those who cling to worthless idols
forfeit the grace that could be theirs.
-Jonah 2:1-8

(Blessing and Praising God for Who He is)


Words of Jesus
Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:35,48)
Jesus, coming to you, we will never hunger
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world.” (John 8:12)
Jesus, following you, we will never walk in darkness
Jesus said, “I am the gate.” (John 10:7,9)
Jesus through you, we are saved unto abundant life.
Jesus said, “I am the good shepherd.” (John 10:11,14)
Jesus, you know your sheep and your sheep know you.
Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life.” (John 11:25)
Jesus, everyone who lives and believes in you will never die
Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6)
Jesus, no one comes to the Father except through you.
Jesus said, “I am the vine, you are the branches.” (John 15, 1,5)
Jesus, those who abide in you will bear much fruit

(Think deeply on the words of Jesus)


Prayer for Ourselves and Others
Hallelujah! Thank GOD! Pray to him by name!
Psalm 105:1 The Message



(Bring before God our own needs and the needs of others)






Closing Prayer

Our Father in heaven, holy be Your name.
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us
Keep us from temptation, and deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever!
-Amen.

No comments: