Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Daily Prayer #21

Prayer of the Bible
Lord, while I live I will praise You.
I will sing praises to You whiled I have my being
I will not trust in men of power
My hope is in you, O Lord, my God
For you raise those who are bowed down
You will reign forever
-adapted from Psalm 146:2,3,8,10

(Prayers of Praise and Thanksgiving)


Common Prayer
From prayer that asks that I should be sheltered from winds that beat on Thee. From fearing when I should aspire, from faltering when I should climb higher, from silk and self, O captain, free Your soldier who would follow You.

From subtle love of softening things, from easy choices, weakenings…Not thus are spirits fortified, not this way went the Crucified…From all that dims Your Calvary O lamb of God, deliver me.

Give me a love that leads the way, the faith that nothing can dismay, the hope no disappointments tire, the passion that will burn like fire. Let me not sink to be a clod. Make me Your fuel, O Flame of God.
-Amy Carmichael (1867-1951)


The Words of Jesus
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;



knock and
the door
will be
opened
to you.




For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; he who knocks, the door will be opened.
- Matthew 7: 7-8

(Think deeply on the Words of Jesus)


Prayers for Ourselves and Others
During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
-Hebrews 5:7



(Prayers for ourselves and others)




Closing Prayer
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
Amen.

No comments: