Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Daily Prayer # 30












Opening Prayer
Oh Lord God, you holy Lover of my soul, when you come into my soul, all that is within me shall rejoice. You are my Glory and the exultation of my heart; you are my Hope and Refuge in the day of my trouble. Set me free from all evil passions, and heal my heart of all displeasing affections; that, being inwardly cured and thoroughly cleansed, I may be made fit to love, courageous to suffer, steady to persevere. Nothing is sweeter than Love, nothing more courageous, nothing fuller nor better in heaven and earth; because Love is born of God, and cannot rest but in God, above all created things. Let me love you more than myself, and only love myself for your sake. Amen.
-Thomas a Kempis (1380-1471)

(Be still before God)

Prayer of the Bible
Your love, GOD, is my song, and I'll sing it!
I'm forever telling everyone how faithful you are.
I'll never quit telling the story of your love—
how you built the cosmos
and guaranteed everything in it.
Your love has always been our lives' foundation,
your reliability has been the roof over our world
-Psalm 89:1-2




(Praises and Thank offerings to our God)





The Example of Jesus
Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there. And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, "Take these things away; do not make my Father’s house a house of trade." His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for your house will consume me."
John 2:13-17

Jesus you were Jealous for your Father’s heart. Your love for Him burned so passionately that you did not tolerate anything that offended and wounded His heart. You dealt strongly with sin and disobedience. Help us to do the same in our own lives, identifying and leaving behind the sin that dishonors our Loving Father.

(What would Jesus speak to us through His example)


Closing Prayer
The longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. It does not matter if we don't know how or what to pray, he does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves
Romans 8:25-27

(Pray for ourselves and others)

No comments: