Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Daily Prayer # 29

Opening Prayer
Oh God search me; shine your spotlight into my soul that I may see its condition. May I be confident in your mercy, knowing well that you are restoring me even now. Reveal where I have left your path and speak gentle but firm words of correction. And guide me back to your life-giving ways and to your loving and strong embrace.

(Be still before God)


Prayer of the Bible
Do good to your servant according to your word, O LORD.
Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word. You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.













Your word from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold. Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. My soul faints with longing for your salvation, I have put my hope in your word.
–Psalm 119

(Free expression from our heart to God)


The Words of Jesus
What do you want?
What are you after?
What are you seeking?
–John 1:38 NIV, The Message, & ESV versions

(How would you answer this question that Jesus asks you Today)


Prayer for ourselves and others
In all my prayers for others, I always pray with Joy.
-Philippians 1:4

(Prayers for ourselves and others)


Closing Prayer

O Lord, the house of my soul is narrow; enlarge it that you may enter in. It is ruinous, O repair it!








It displeases your sight; I confess it, I know. But who shall cleanse it, or to whom shall I cry but unto you? Cleanse me from my secret faults, O Lord, and spare your servant from intentional sins.
— St. Augustine (died in the year 430 and lived in Algeria)

No comments: