Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Daily Prayer 25

Opening Prayer
Speak peace to my heart, Lord Jesus
This world has taken its toll
Its noise and confusion
Its doubts and fears
Have troubled and wearied my soul
Lord Jesus speak peace to my soul






Prayer of the Bible
For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.

Those of low estate are but a breath;
those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
they are together lighter than a breath.
if riches increase, set not your heart on them.
Once God has spoken;
twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.
For you will render to a man
according to his work.
-Psalm 62

(spontaneous prayers of blessing the Lord)


Words of Jesus
"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
— Luke 12:32-34

(Think deeply on the words of Jesus)


Closing Prayer
Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing you have received, fading symbols of honor, trappings of power, but only what you have given; a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage
-Francis of Assisi (1181-1226)




(Prayer for ourselves
and others)

No comments: