Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Daily Prayer #13









Prayer of the Bible
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever
Give thanks to the God of gods
His love endures forever
Give thanks to the Lord of lords.
His love endures forever
To Him alone who does great wonders
His love endures forever
Who by his understanding made the heavens
His love endures forever
Give thanks to the God of heaven
His love endures forever
-Psalm 136

(Blessing and Praising God for Who He is)


Words of Jesus
“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.
-John 12:24-26

(Meditate on the words of Jesus)


Common Prayer
My God, I believe most firmly that You watch over all who hope in You,and that we can want for nothing when we rely upon You in all things.Therefore I am resolved for the future to cast all my cares upon You...

Let others seek happiness in their wealth and in their talents.
Let them trust in the purity of their lives, the severity of their mortifications,in the number of their good works, the enthusiasm of their prayers,as for me, my Rock and my Refuge, my confidence in you fills me with hope.

For You, my Divine Protector, alone have settled me in hope. This confidence can never be in vain. No one, who has hoped in God, has ever been confounded."
-St. Claude La Colombiere (1641-1682)


Prayer for Ourselves and Others
Here's what I'm saying: Ask and you'll get; Seek and you'll find; Knock and the door will open. Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need
—Luke 11:9-10




(Free prayer
of request
and intercession)





Closing Prayer
Praise God for he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves.
Praise God for in him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
-Colossians 1:13,14

No comments: