Monday, July 31, 2006

Daily Prayer #3

Prayer of the Bible

Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Selah

Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro:
He bustles about, but only in vain;
he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.
But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.
Save me from all my transgressions;
-Psalm 39:4-8






(free expression
of Praising
and Thanking God)





The Words of Jesus

Blessed are the poor in spirit; For theirs is the kingdom of heaven;
Blessed are those who mourn; For they will be comforted;
Blessed are the meek; For they will inherit the earth;
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness;
For they will be filled;
Blessed are the merciful; For they will be shown mercy;
Blessed are the pure in heart; For they will see God;
Blessed are the peacemakers; For they will be called sons of God
Blessed are the persecuted because of righteousness; For theirs is the kingdom of heaven;
Rejoice and be glad for great is your reward in heaven.
-The Beatitudes (Mat. 5: 3-11)

(Meditate on the words of Jesus)


Prayer for Ourselves and Others
I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—I Timothy 2:1



(Free prayer of request and intercession)




Closing Prayer
I Have Only Today
My life is an instant,
An hour which passes by;
My life is a moment
Which I have no power to stay.
You know, O my God,
That to love You here on earth -
I have only today.
-St. Therese of Lisieux

No comments: