Friday, August 04, 2006

Daily Prayer # 7










Prayer of the Bible
The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
"Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said,
"I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

(Free Expressions of Blessing and Praise to the Lord)


The Words of Jesus
Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love.

Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
John 8:14, 14:1-5





(Meditate on the Words of Jesus)






Father, we too, like your Son can say with confidence we know where we came from and where we are going. You put us together in our mother’s womb, you know our ins and outs. You set us apart to be Yours, you have sent us into the world to be agents of change. Our journey began in You, is sustained in You, and has no end in You. Since this is true, let us take off all that keeps us from sacrificially serving others-Amen

Prayer for Ourselves and Others
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

(Free prayer of request and intercession)

Closing Prayer
Father, I abandon myself into Your hands.
Do with me what You will.
Whatever You do, I will thank You.
I am ready for all. I accept all.
Let only Your will be done in me,
as in all Your creatures,
And I’ll ask nothing else, my Lord.
Into your hands I commend my spirit;
I give it to You with all the love of my heart,
For I love You, Lord,
And so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into Your hands
Because You are my Father.
-Charles De Foucauld, 1855-1916

No comments: