Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Daily Prayer #5

Prayer of the Bible

Praise be to you, O LORD,
God of our father Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.
- I Chronicles 29: 10-13--David's Prayer




(Praise and
thanksgiving
to our God)




Words of Jesus
Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.”


(Reflect and meditate on what Jesus is saying)


Prayers of the Saints
I am no longer my own, but Yours.
Do to me as you desire, place me among those you see fit
Put me to service and put me to suffering
Let me be commissioned by You or laid aside for You
Let me be exalted for You, or brought down for You;
Let me be full, let me be empty
Let me have all things, let me have nothing;
I freely and heartily yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Thou are mine, and I am Yours
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
Let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen
-The Methodist Covenant Prayer



Prayer for Ourselves and Others
In all my prayers for others, I always pray with Joy
Philippians 1:4


(Free prayer of request and intercession)


Closing Prayer
Surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith.
-Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: